If you can’t do without eating finger chips, crispy fish, etc. then this article is for you. You can now fry/cook different kinds of food without adding oil; thereby keeping your cholesterol level at the barest minimum. This means you can eat your favorite crunchy & delicious foods without the fear of consuming harmful fats or gaining excess weight. Well, this is all thanks to air fryers.
You can cook what you like using an air fryer, be it chicken, fish, finger chips, vegetables, etc. Air fryers are perfect replacements to normal ovens. Over the years, they have become a must-have appliance in every Indian home.
In this article, you will discover complete information about the best air fryer models in India. We selected these air fryers after careful research of air fryer reviews and customers feedback. It’s up to you to buy the one whose specifications and reviews meet your requirements/needs.
What is an Air Fryer?
An air Fryer is an important kitchen appliance that helps to reduce the oil level and fat content in your food. Instead of using oil, air fryers make use of Rapid Air Technology (hot air) to cook food that you would normally cook using a deep fat fryer.
The food you want to fry remains in the air fryer’s basket as hot air circulates at high speed around the food. This helps to heat up the food placed in the basket from all sides at the same time making it a fast, easy and healthy way to cook food. You can fry foods like French fries, fish, pastries, chicken, potato chips, etc in an air fryer.
Benefits of Using an Air Fryer
In case you are having second thoughts about buying an air fryer, the following benefits of its might just fully convince you.
- It is healthy: When you use an air fryer, you can enjoy more fried food with at least 70% less oil & fat. This helps to control your cholesterol level and prevent excess weight gain.
- It is fast: Air fryers help to fry food quickly. Their temperature increases with speed, in as fast as 180 seconds from the room temperature to 300 degrees.
- It is easy to use: This appliance is very easy to operate. All you need do is to set the temperature and time and allow the fryer handle the rest.
- It is safe: You don’t need to handle hot oil which can be unsafe at times when using an air fryer. So you are safe from burns and other injuries.
- It is not messy:No splatters and splashes. Also you there is no greasy oil (that usually stick to utensils after cooking/frying using deep fat fryers) to clean.
- You can use it to Bake and Roast: You can use air fryers to bake foods like muffins and cupcakes. You can also use them to roast food as well.
- It is easy to clean: It is quite easy to clean as there is usually little or no oil mess and you can disassemble most of its parts which are dishwasher safe.
- It reduces calorie Intake: Air fryers reduce your calorie and fat intake without affecting the delicious taste of fried food.
- It has an exhaust and cooling system: Air fryers come with their own exhaust and cooling system which prevents overheating of the appliance.
- It prevents uneven cooking: There is not even the slightest possibility of uneven cooking when you use an air fryer; it cooks food thoroughly.
Types of Food that You Can Cook With Airfryers
You can prepare different types of food using an air fryer with less fat, more speed and healthier nutrition; from muffins to vegetables to chicken and so on. The foods include:
- Meat: including, chicken or other grilled and fried forms
- Vegetables: including zucchini, broccoli, carrots, etc
- Frozen foods: including frozen fries, fish nuggets, etc
- Baked food: including custards, lasagne, bread, muffins, etc
- Roasted nuts: including walnuts, almonds, peanuts, etc
Tips for Using an Air Fryer
- Shake the basket of the air fryer once or twice when cooking foods like French fries to prevent the food from sticking together.
- Do not overfill the basket with food; it may block the even circulation of hot air around the food. Follow this tip to ensure that your food gets cooked evenly and it less time too.
- You can use a sprayer to coat your food with oil before cooking it in an air fryer. This way, you will be using less oil.
Buying Guide for an Air Fryer
There are some features you need to look out for before selecting any air fryer. This ensures that you end up buying only the best air fryer in India that meets your needs and budget. See the factors below:
Cleaning: Make sure you go for a model whose parts are dishwater-safe and quite easy to clean.
Basket removal: Some air fryers have a lid that opens at the top for you to remove the basket while have a basket inside a removable drawer.If you don’t have enough space above the bench, thee the latter is preferable.
Capacity: Air fryers come in different sizes. Smaller models may be around 1 Litre or less while larger models may be up to 4 litres or more, depending on the brand and model. Ensure that the air fryer you choose to buy has enough capacity for your frying requirements/needs.
Controls: Go for air fryers that have digital controls. They are more accurate to set/operate than those with dial controls.
Temperature Control: This is an important feature in air fryers that allows you to cook a variety of food. Some air fryers might not be able to cook with high temperatures. So before you buy an air fryer, ensure that it can cook with reach high temperature suitable for your frying needs.
Wattage: Most of the air fryers in India require between 800 and 1500 Watts of power for them to function properly. Ensure that the power outlets in your kitchen are able to support this range of wattage.
Food Separator: The food separator divides the fryer basket into 2 different parts. This enables you to be able to fry 2 different foods at the same time thereby decreasing cooking time and increasing efficiency. This feature is not available in all air fryers.
Automatic Shut-Off / Timer: This feature helps to turn off the air fryer automatically so that your food does not get overcooked. Look out for this feature when you want to buy an air fryer.
Cord Length:Ensure that the air fryer’s cord is long enough for your kitchen.
Warranty:Consider the warranty manufacturers give on their air fryers. Go for air fryers with at least 1-2 years warranty.
Best Air Fryer Brands in India
There are several air fryer models available in the Indian market from reputable brands; depending on your budget and requirements. Below are the most popular and best air fryer brands in India.
Kenstar Air Fryers
Pigeon Air Fryers
Havells Air Fryers
Best Air Fryers to Buy Online in India
Below are the best air fryers in India that we selected after considering the above factors, customers review, reliability, ratings and performance.
Kenstar Aster Oxy Fryer is a simple butinnovative product that uses little amount of oil for cooking. It is also budget-friendly.This Kenstar Air Fryer price is affordable for most Indians which makes it a great choice for your kitchen.
This Air Fryer makes use air flow to cook.It has a powerful fan that helps tocirculate air flow within the chamber and heat up food evenly, ensuring perfect cooking.
The Kenstar Aster Oxy Fryer has a total capacity of 3 litres. It also comes with a timer thatyou can set to a limit of about 30 minutes and left to cook. Its auto shut-down feature automatically cuts off power immediately after the timer comes to an end. You can adjustthe required temperature using the knob. The air fryer also comes with a power cable and a handle that make it easy and convenient for use.
Some people consider this product as the best air fryer in India. Maybe because of theover 100 cooking menu it comes with.Kenstar Aster Oxy Fryer is the perfect air fryer for your home. We recommend this durable and budget-friendly product from Kenstar.
Power- 1500 Watts
Stars Rating- 4.1
- Fryer capacity- 3 litres; Cooking capacity- 1.2 kg
- It is easy to use and carry around
- It has a big frying basket
- It comes with a temperature control feature
- It has an auto shut-off feature
- Frying might take a while
- There is no space for the separator
Philips HD9220/20 2.2 L Air Fryer is perfect for you if you love eating fried food. This Air Fryer allows you to fry food without using oil. This means you can continue enjoying your fried foods without risking health problems.
This Air Fryer is easy to clean as a result of its non-stick drawer and dishwasher-safe food container. It also does not emit the not so palatable fried oil smell because of the Rapid Air Technology with which it works.
This product from Philips comes with an adaptable thermostat and a 30-minute timer.It also has an auto shut-off feature that prevents overcooking and ensures safety while cooking. Having gone through this Philips Air Fryer reviews by customers, we can safely recommend this Air Fryer as an ideal choice for your home.
Power- 1425 Watts
Stars Rating- 4.3
- It has a smart design
- Power- 1425 Watts; Operating Voltage- 220-240 Volts; Cooking capacity- 800 grams
- It works using the Rapid Air Technology
- Its parts are dishwasher-safe which make it easy to clean
- It comes with the temperature control and auto shut-off features
- Its cord is 0.8m long
- Product comes with a 2-year warranty
- Sometimes air fryer gets extremely hot
- It doesn’t come with a food separator so you can’t cook 2 separate meals at the same time
This is an amazing air fryer with top-notch features from the Philips brand. The Philips HD9220-53works by using the rapid air technology for frying/cooking food in a healthy way. It also comes has a unique and attractive design. This air fryer comes with a recipe booklet that provides you with the latest recipes for air frying and teaches you how to use air fryer efficiently. The Philips Viva Collection HD9220-53 Air Fryercomes with the adjustable temperature and time control that enable easier and faster.
Power- 1425 Watts
Stars Rating- 4.6
Note: Both the Philips Viva Collection HD9220/20 and HD9220/53 models have same specifications, pros and cons; and there is no difference in their functionality. The only differences between the 2 Philips air fryers are their prices and colours.
Pigeon Super 3.2L Air Fryer is another amazing airfryer for the Pigeon brand. This air fryer is a great choice for you especially if you love roasted chicken. It works by using the Rapid Air Technology; it makes use of less oil for grilling or frying because of the hot air that circulates throughout. It is also affordable and is available for less than Rs 5000.
This Air Fryer model does not make noise during cooking. It has a timer that ensures efficiency during cooking and also prevents overcooking.
The Pigeon Super 3.2L Air Fryer works with a power of 1500 Watts and its tray has a 3.2 kg capacity which allows you to cook a lot of food at once.
We recommend this Air Fryer if you often throw a barbecue party. It will help you save money.
Power- 1500 Watts
Stars Rating- 4.1
- It has a large tray capacity of 3.2 kg; Power- 1500 Watts
- It comes with an easy to grip handle
- It has an auto-shutoff feature
- It comes with a temperature control feature
- It has a timer feature that aids easy pre-setting
- This Air Fryer comes with a 2-year warranty
- Poor customer support
- You cannot use a food separator with this Air Fryer from Pigeon
Havells Profile Plus 4L Air Fryer is an efficient and innovative Air Fryer that the Havells brand introduced after reviewing and correcting the defects in other previous Air Fryers. The tray of this Air Fryer has a 4 litres capacity. It also comes with a food separator that allows you to cook 2 different foods separately at once.
The Havells Profile Plus 4L Air Fryer has a great design and comes with a filter that helps to reduce the odour of burnt oil in the food .
You can use this Air Fryer to cook, grill and fry without any issues/complications using the Rapid Air Technology. It also has a timer which allows it shut-off automatically as soon as you finish cooking. This product can cook large quantities of food using little oil thereby reducing oil consumption by over 80 %.
Power- 1230 Watts
Stars Rating- 4.5
- Tray capacity is about 4 litres; Power- 1230 Watts
- It has a large food basket
- It makes use of the Rapid Air Technology
- It comes with a non-stick coated basket
- It has a temperature control knob that can go as high as 200 degrees
- It comes with a separator
- It has an auto-timer feature
- It comes with a 2-year warranty
- It has a tricky lock
Pigeon AF-Super 2.2L Air Fryer is a budget-friendly Air Fryer from the Pigeon brand. It uses Robust Air Distribution Technology to fry/cook food. The fries are tasty and crispy and require little or no oil for cooking.
The Pigeon AF-Super 2.2L Air Fryer comes with an amazing technology that helps you preparea lot of dishes (more than 100) at the press of a button; be it kebabs, tikkas,samosas, rolls, etc. It has a temperature knob that you can use to set required temperature at all times. It also has an auto shut-off feature that allows it to shut-off automatically at the right time to prevent food from getting burnt.
This Air Fryer is in high demand in India because of its sleek look, efficiency and budget-friendly price. We recommend this Air Fryer for all cooking purposes.
Power- 1270 Watts
- It has a capacity of 2.2 kg; Power- 1270 Watts
- It comes with an automatic shut-off feature
- It has a timer that can be set for up to 30 minutes
- It comes with a temperature knob between 80-200 degrees
- You cannot use food separator with this Air Fryer
American Micronic 3.5 Litre Air Fryer is perfect for you if you are on a diet but can’t compromise with your chicken kebabs or tasty potato fries. It is just perfect for your purposes.
American Micronic 3.5 L Air Fryer makes use of the Rapid Hot Air Convention Cooking Technology that cooks food using hot air flow that circulates evenly all around the food and cooks the food evenly.
You can use the American Micronic 3.5 Litre Air Fryer to cook almost any kind of food. It has a capacity of 3.5 litres and is ideal for a large family. It has a temperature knob that varies from 80 to 200 degrees. The Air Fryer also has a great design.
A lot of customers on Amazon rate American Micronic 3.5 Litre Air Fryer as a good and reliable product that efficiently makes crispy and tasty fries for your family. It also comes with a timer and temperature knob that you can set based on your requirements.The timer helps to shut the Air Fryer off as soon as food cooks well to avoid overcooking.
Brand- American Micronic
Power- 1500 Watts
- It comes with a non-stick frying basket that makes cleaning easy
- It has an adjustable temperature control
- Parts are dishwasher-safe
- It comes with an auto-timer feature
- It works using the TurboTunnel Fresh Air technology
- There is no space for a food separator in this Air Fryer.
It is important to live and eat healthy. Having less oil content in your food helps to control your cholesterol level and prevent excess weight thereby keeping you healthy. You have to fry most Indian foods; this is why Air Fryers are a good option for Indians. They help you enjoy fried food without risking your health.
Having reached this part of this article, I am sure you already have one or two Air Fryers at the back of your mind. Go get the best one that fits your needs and budget. As usual share your feedback with us in the comment section.
Last update on 2019-02-21 at 18:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API