Gas stoves are cookers or stoves which use natural gas, syngas
, propane, butane, liquefied petroleum gas or other flammable gas as a source of fuel. Indian women have good hand with cooking on live fire. Earlier, they were using “chulha”
using natural fuels but it was unhealthy and caused a lot of pollution. But things are different now; Indian women now use modern technologies like gas stoves to cook food at home.
Cooking with a gas stove exposes you to minimum risk, has no pollution problem and also prevents Indian women from taking in fog while cooking.
Gas stove is a necessary kitchen appliance in every household. In this day and age, there are relatively many types of gas stoves and brands that it can be quite difficult to choose the best for your home. When we needed to change our old gas stove, I did some research on how to choose which are the best gas stove brands in India and how to choose the best gas stove model.
There are numerous types, brands and models of gas stoves available in India. Just in case you are wondering which is best for home use, you are on the right page.
In this article, I am going to tell you the reasons to use a gas stove, types of gas stove, how to choose the best gas stove and which are the top 20 best gas stoves in India.
Types of Gas Stoves
You can classify gas stoves into different types based on their number of burners, type of burners as well as their mode of ignition. Based on the number of burners
There are 4 major types of gas stoves in India based on the number of their burners. They include:
1. burners gas stove
2. burners gas stove
3. burners gas stove
4. burners gas stove
3 burner and 4 burner gas stoves are the most popular in a lot of Indian households. Check Amazon for the best 3 burner and best 4 burner gas stoves in India.
Based on types of burners and mode of ignition
Electric Ignition: These gas stoves depend entirely on electricity to function. The combination of LPG/PNG, electric sparks and air help to burn these gas stoves. Ignition of these gas stoves is by a simple switch which can either be automatic or manual. You can check Amazon or Flipkart for electric stove price in India.
Standing Pilot: This type of gas stove consumes more energy than other types because the flame of this gas stove burns constantly just beneath the cooktop. So people generally do not like to use them because that means more bills for them.
Sealed Burners: The burners of this gas stove are sealed with the cooktop. These gas stoves don’t produce a lot of heat which makes people prefer them to standing pilot and electric ignition gas stoves. Sealed burner gas stoves are also easier to manage and clean.
Buying Guide for Gas Stoves in India
Before you select a gas stove to buy for your household, there are some important factors you should consider. These factors will guide you in selecting the best gas stove in India for your preferred use. They include the following:
Body type: Gas stoves come in different body types. The latest and best quality gas stoves have a glass top and metal body while cheaper gas stoves come with stainless steel body.
Number of burners: As you already know, some gas stoves come with 1 burner while some others come with up to 4 burners. You should always consider the number of burners a gas stove has before buying one. If you have a medium-sized family of about 3-4 members then a 2-3 burner gas stove is ideal for you. But then if you consider situations when guests come visiting and you need to prepare multiple meals simultaneously, you will discover that a 4 burner gas stove is a better choice. This is why we always advise that you buy a 4 burner gas stove because you never might know who may come visiting at any time.
Spacing of the Burners: Make sure the space in between the burners is enough for you to cook with more than one utensil at the same time. Also make sure that it is possible to light up all burners at the same time.
Price: Gas stoves come in different prices. For sure, you have to buy the gas stove that fits into your budget. However, don’t allow this make you buy just any gas stove. Make sure you check for the best quality gas stove within your budget. There are a lot of affordable yet quality gas stove available both online and in the Indian market. You can check reputable online stores like Amazon and Flipkart for gas stove models with prices.
Weight: It is advisable to buy a gas stove that has a light weight. This is because they are usually easy to move around in case you need it for an outdoor event, you are rearranging your kitchen or you need to relocate. Light weight gas stoves are also easy to move when you need to clean the area underneath the gas stove. A gas stove of about 7 kg should be a good fit.
Mode of Ignition
: The 2 major modes of ignition for gas stoves are automatic ignition
and manual ignition. You can decide the one you want based on your preference. You need to manually light up manual ignition gas stoves either by using a lighter or a matchstick. For automatic ignition gas stoves, all you need to do is to turn the knob. But you have to make sure that the knobs work smoothly and don’t get stuck.
Heat control: It is best to buy a gas stove that has multiple heat control. This is because these gas stoves give you the option of cooking different kinds of food at different heat and temperature levels simultaneously. These gas stoves make cooking faster and more convenient.
Glass made gas stoves are easier to clean
than stainless steel gas stoves. They are also more attractive. However, you should note that they are more expensive.
Always check that the gas stove you want to buy has the ISI mark
and is ISI certified. The ISI (Indian
Standards Institute) mark is a certification mark for Indian products that shows that the product is up to Indian standard.
Warranty: Yes, it is common knowledge that gas stoves are very cheap and long lasting relative to other cooking appliances especially when you service them on a regular basis. Unlike other cooking appliances like induction cooktop stoves, gas stoves can serve you for a very long time. Despite all this, it is always good to buy a gas stove that comes with warranty from the manufacturers; you can never be too careful. Warranty is a way for manufacturers to assure you that the product is durable, efficient and long lasting. And in case anything goes wrong, you do not need to spend extra money for fixing or replacing the gas stove. The costs fall on the manufacturers.
Benefits of Using a Gas Stove for Cooking
There are several benefits users can get when they use gas stoves to cook their favourite meals. These benefits are:They are time savers: Compared to most other cooking appliances, gas stoves heat food faster; hence, they guarantee faster cooking. Some gas stove also come with 3-4 burners which allows you cook several meals at the same time; this effectively reduces the amount of time spent on cooking all the meals one by one. Gas stoves help you save time that you can use for other productive activities.
They consume little fuel: Gas stoves operate using latest technology that heats food up quickly. Hence, it doesn’t consume a lot of fuel compared to other cooking appliances. The more fuel you save, the more money you save as well.
They are safe to use: There are hardly any risk of short circuits and electric currents when using gas stoves. This is because gas stoves work using LPG.
They are not selective: Gas stoves do not discriminate when it comes to cookware. There are no specific requirements of cookware you can use with a gas stove. You can use almost every cookware to cook with a gas stove.
They are affordable: Compared to induction cooktops, gas stoves are way cheaper and affordable for most income groups in India. You can search online for current gas stove price list.
They have easy controls: Gas stoves are simple and easy to operate. They have very simple controls. For example you can control the flame by simply turning its knob.
They are reliable: In situation of power cuts or power outage, you can still cook using gas stoves since they do not require electricity to function.
Is It Safe to Buy Gas Stoves Online?
Perhaps this question has been on your mind for a while now, just be rest assured that it is safe to buy gas stoves online but only from reputable online stores like Amazon and Flipkart. In fact, there are many advantages of buying gas stoves online. These advantages include the following:
- Because of the wide range of options to choose from, online stores usually offer discounts and cash back option from time to time. You may hardly get these options from your local store. Online stores are your best option for gas stove low prices.
- There is absolutely no need for bargaining before buying your favorite gas stove.
- In a situation where you discover that the gas stove you bought is defective, you can easily get a refund or replacement with online stores. It is hardly the same case with offline stores.
- Most online stores offer home delivery. So this saves you the stress of moving the gas stove to your house after buying.
Top Gas Stove Brands in India
There are reputable brands in India that manufacture the best gas stoves in India. In no particular order, they include:
BEST GAS STOVES IN INDIA
After much consideration on all the features that should be present in a gas stove, we have done a lot of research on the best brands that you can buy. We compiled the best models of gas stove for sale in India in 2018 and listed them for your convenience. Along with that, we included detailed reviews that will help you to decide your perfect gas stove. We hope this list helps you!
The Prestige GT 02 is an automatic ignition gas stove with an attractive design, brass burners that heat food quickly, a glass top, an individual pan support and a multi spark ignition. Prestige is a trusted and reputable manufacturer of kitchen appliances in India.
Prestige GT 02 has 2 burners and its attractive design makes it perfect for almost any kitchen background. There is a little space for a small pressure cooker in between the 2 burners. Since it’s an automatic ignition gas stove, this gas stove is a little bit expensive.
- Its design is not only beautiful; it is also spill-proof.
- It comes with an individual pan support.
- It works with a multi-spark ignition.
- It doesn’t come with a warranty from Prestige.
- It is more expensive than manual gas stoves.
[amazon fields=”B008CNZUPW” value=”button”]
This is another gas stove from prestige. This one comes with 4 burners. Prestige Marvel Glass 4 burner stove uses a manual ignition which makes it less expensive. You can actually buy a 4 burner manual ignition gas stove at the price of a 2 burner automatic ignition gas stove. This particular gas stove model is quite popular in a lot of Indian kitchens.
The Prestige Marvel Glass 4 burner stove comes with a toughened glass top that is very strong and doesn’t break easily. You can place your pressure cooker and other kitchen appliances on the glass top without any worries of breakage. The knobs of the stove have ergonomic designs that make them feel good to hold.
- It has 4 burners.
- Its knobs are of high quality.
- It comes with a toughened glass.
- It has a 5-year brass burner warranty and 2-year product warranty from Prestige.
- It occupies a lot of space.
- It only works with cylinders and never with gas pipeline connection.
[amazon fields=”B015SUPDVW” value=”button”]
This gas stove comes with 3 burners and a hob glass. Hob glass and auto ignition gas stoves are usually expensive, and so is this gas stove. All the 3 burners of this gas stove have multitasking features. This model comes with an advanced one touch auto ignition option which ensures that users enjoy hitch-free cooking at all times.
The Prestige Hob Glass Top 3 Burner Auto Ignition Gas Stove consumes less fuel and heats up more quickly which makes it very efficient and allows users to save more money. This gas stove comes with a 2-year warranty from Prestige.
- It has an amazing look.
- It generates quick heat to all 3 burners.
- Its auto ignition works flawlessly requiring just a touch to light up all burners.
- It is very expensive.
- This gas stove is extremely thin and slim and it might not fit into a lot of Indian kitchens.
[amazon fields=”B00WEI4B3I” value=”button”]
The Prestige brand offers different gas stove models. Prestige Marvel Glass 3 Burner gas stove is one of the best gas stoves available in India. Its excellent body design and unique features make it stand out from the rest of its competitors. This is one product that has both elegance and efficiency.
Prestige is a renowned brand, and has made its impact in most people’s life, so people tend to love this product as it comes with manual mode of ignition, and have 3 high efficiency tri-pin burners. It has so many other features like ergonomically designed knobs for effortless operation and an extra drip tray for easy cleaning.
This gas stove made of a toughened glass top has a unique unbreakable property, serving the product with high stability and durability. Another great feature of the Prestige Marvel 3 Burner glass top gas stove is the presence of a pan support for Tandoori cooking. It is unbelievable that all these features come with an affordable price and 2 years warranty.
- It has a spill proof design.
- It has ergonomically designed knobs for easy operation.
- It has a low maintenance.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- This gas stove has only 3 burners.
[amazon fields=”B015SU3DYQ” value=”button”]
is another reputable gas stove brand in India. The brand is popular for manufacturing highly durable 2 burner gas stoves that offer great service. This gas stove model has an amazing design and it is quite cheap and very affordable.
Sunflame GT Pride provides 2 highly efficient brass burners of 85 mm x 85 mm size. GT Pride 2 burner gas stove has a stainless steel base, matte finish and a glass top made of toughened glass. This gas stove also has a pan support that can resist high temperature.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- The burners come in big sizes.
- It has a glass top and a stainless steel base.
- It is a bit heavy.
- The knobs are not of good quality.
[amazon fields=”B01D4RHMK6″ value=”button”]
Pigeon is another reputable and trustworthy kitchen appliances brand in India. The Pigeon favorite 3 burner black line gas stove comes with 3 burners as the name implies and a glass top. It is the only ISI certified glass cooktop gas stove in India. So if safety when cooking is your major concern then this gas stove is perfect for you.
According to Pigeon, this gas stove is four time more user-friendly than any other gas stove in the Indian market. It has a spill proof pan that provides firm support and a nozzle that revolves 360 degrees granting easy access. This long lasting gas stove also has a toughened glass that is heat resistant.
It comes with a 2-year warranty from Pigeon.
- It is a long lasting gas stove that offers great performance.
- It has a heat resistant glass top.
- It is the only ISI certified glass top gas stove in India.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It comes in the same old style steel base.
- All its 3 burners are in the same line, which does not really make sense.
[amazon fields=”B00WKVDRH0″ value=”button”]
The Prestige GT 04 SS is a 4 burner automatic ignition gas stove. Its 4 burners are all of the same size. This gas stove has a toughened glass top and a spill proof design. It comes with an individual pan support that provides solid support during cooking. As stated earlier, it is an automatic ignition gas stove. But the automatic ignition works with only 1 burner; the other 3 require manual ignition.
- It is a 4 burner gas stove.
- It has a Spill proof design.
- It comes with an Automatic ignition option.
- The burners are all of the same size.
- Just 1 of the 4 burners comes with an automatic ignition option.
- The iron stand of its burners is of very low quality.
[amazon fields=”B008XYJLDW” value=”button”]
Pearl 4 is a 4 burner glass gas stove that comes with a toughened glass cook top. It has a spill proof and attractive design that gives colour to the interior of any kitchen. It has a very strong high quality iron stand for its burners.
This gas stove from Sunflame has very handy knobs and a powder coated sheet metal base. It also has stainless steel deep trays and a 20 cm euro coated pan support. There is a good distance between its burners which makes it easy and convenient to cook multiple food items at the same time.
- It has a spill proof design.
- It has a stainless steel deep tray.
- It has a 20 cm euro coated pan support.
- There is a good distance between the burners.
- It is expensive.
- It occupies a large space.
- It is expensive.
[amazon fields=”B06XRCZKYB” value=”button”]
Glen is also a popular brand in India. The GL 1033 GT is a 3 burner gas stove with a somewhat high quality of body frame and thick pan support. Glen provides this model with matte stainless steel drip tray for cooking output. It also has a rich matte steel body that provides support to the gas stove’s toughened glass and enhances the gas stove’s look.
This gas stove comes with a pan support that is 4 mm thick and moderately durable aluminium alloy burners. Unlike other 3 burner gas stoves, the middle burner of this model is kind of adjoining which helps you save space and cook more conveniently and freely. There is no warranty on this gas stove from Glen.
- Its burners are of aluminum material.
- It has a 4 mm thick pan support.
- There is enough space between the burners.
- There is no warranty from Glen on this gas stove model.
[amazon fields=”B01LXTXC78″ value=”button”]
If you are in search of an ordinary and simple looking gas stove with a 3 burner facility, you can go for the Preethi Topaz gas stove. Preethi is a known brand and has a good existence on kitchen appliance in Indian market. This gas stove has a steel body and does not have any other colour. It is a simple yet amazing gas stove.
It has a stainless steel body that is 7 mm thick. Its upper body does not have a joint point and there is no rivet in this gas stove. This entails that it will be easy for you to clean this gas stove without hurting yourself. The knobs of this gas stove have a night glow, which makes it easily seen at night time or during power outage. It comes with 50% heavy brass burners of equal sizes. It helps you to cook faster and has 68% more thermal efficiency. Preethi gives a 2-year warranty on this gas stove model.
- It is easy to clean due to absence of rivet on its body.
- It comes with a handy light holder.
- It has a night glow switch knobs.
- It has a 50% more heavy brass burner.
- It has a poor design.
- It occupies a lot of space.
- It is only suitable for LPG gas connection.
[amazon fields=”B0133FJEX2″ value=”button”]
Pigeon Bingo Stainless Steel 2 Burner Gas Stove is quite popular in India as it sells for a very affordable price below Rs. 2000. The design is very simple, which you might have seen in the past in most Indian kitchen. It comes with 2 highly efficient brass burners.
Pigeon gives 2 years warranty on this gas stove. This gas stove is also in line with ISI safety standards, just in case you have safety concerns.
- This gas stove is very affordable.
- It has excellent brass burners.
- The design of this gas stove is too simple.
- It does not have any stand out features.
- It does not have a glass top.
[amazon fields=”B00VHIFEVY” value=”button”]
Pigeon Ultra Glass SS Manual gas stove comes with 4 burners and works with a manual mode of ignition. It has an elegant body design and is available in black colour. The elegant body design adds an element of beauty to your kitchen.
Pigeon Ultra Glass SS Manual gas stove makes a great impression right from its appearance to its functioning. This gas stove comprises of glass and stainless steel materials, making it long-lasting and tensile enough. It has superior quality knob with a firm grip enabling effortless operation.
It also has bakelite rotary knobs and anti-skid rubber feet. It has a thermal efficiency feature with 4 thermal brass burners and comes with a supplement of high grade Aluminium mixing tube. Pigeon offers 2 years warranty on this product, making you worry-free for quite some time.
- It comes with 4 thermal efficient burners.
- Pigeon Ultra Glass SS Manual gas stove made of glass and stainless steel has tensile strength.
- It comes with 2 years warranty.
- It comes with manual mode of ignition, making it a little more difficult to use than automatic ignition gas stoves.
[amazon fields=”B0736PR82V” value=”button”]
Glen LPG 1044 SS gas stove is a perfect combination of an efficient and affordable gas stove. This makes it one of the best gas stoves available in India. This model has ISI certification, indicating that it is of the highest quality.
It comes with an extra strong pan support that is 4 mm thick and a high flame burner. This gas stove also comes with 4 brass burners that help users to make too many dishes simultaneously. Glen India also offers back nozzle and knobs along with the product, keeping in mind the space required on the counter.
It is quite affordable and comes at a great price. Many Indians consider it to be one of the most reliable gas stoves available in India compared to other gas stoves within the same price range. Additionally, it has a unique property of customizing itself for PNG gas compatibility.
- It has a stainless steel body that makes it quite durable.
- The stainless steel finish also makes the burner look attractive.
- It comes with 4 burners.
- It comes with a fuel efficient brass burner which helps you to save money.
- Glen LPG 1044 SS has a 4mm thick extra pan support.
- It has ISI certification, which validates its quality of performance.
- It comes with only 1 year warranty.
- It comes with manual mode of ignition, making it a little more difficult to use and less preferred to automatic ignition gas stoves.
[amazon fields=”B008LN6DHC” value=”button”]
Glen India offers a great variety of products and has productively made a place in its customers’ hearts. Glen GL 1043 GT gas stove is one of the best 4 burner gas stoves available in India at an affordable price.
It comes with an elegant style and made of a rich matte steel body. It also consists of a 4 mm thick extra strong pan support and 4 aluminium alloy burners. It is easy to clean and it is very attractive.
Glen offers a 2-year warranty on this product.
- This product comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It has a rich matte steel body with well-designed features.
- It is slightly expensive for its features.
[amazon fields=”B01GO9327S” value=”button”]
Sunflame Classic 3B Burner gas stove is one of the best 3 burner gas stoves available in India. It comes with a manual mode of ignition, and 3 highly efficient brass burners.
It comprises of a tough glass and stainless steel material. It has trays made of stainless steel and has a powder coated sheet metal base. This model comes with Euro coated pan support and a lot of other great features.
Sunflame Classic 3B Burner gas stove creates a modern kitchen space, because it has an elegant design and a great body. You can easily clean the cooktop and make up to 3 dishes on it at a time.
- It has a toughened glass cooktop.
- It has stainless steel drip trays.
- It comes with 3 highly efficient brass burners.
- Sunflame offers a 2-year warranty on this gas stove model.
- Users have reported that cleaning the stove is a difficult task due to the positioning of its burners.
[amazon fields=”B01APNPJ3Y” value=”button”]
Prestige GTM 03L SS Glass top gas stove gives you an effortless cooking. This model comes with 3 burners and has a symmetrical triangular layout which enables proper cooking without interference or clashing of utensils on the cooktop.
This product has a design that offers a modern look to your kitchen and has exceptionally attractive features. It comes with a manual mode of ignition, along with 3 high efficiency tri-pin burners. Its body material made of stainless steel and toughened glass make this gas stove more durable.
It has spill trays which help in keeping the gas stove clean. An additional feature includes the presence of a pan support for Tandoori cooking. Prestige provides a great deal of customer service to help you in case of any problems. The product comes along with a 2-year warranty.
- It has a pan support for Tandoori cooking.
- It has an elegant black look.
- Made of toughened glass.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It has a manual mode of ignition.
- Some customers complained about its poor delivery.
[amazon fields=”B015SU3DYQ” value=”button”]
Pigeon Troika Glass-Ceramic 3 Burner Gas Stove comes with a rust proof powder coated stainless steel body that has a glossy black body. It comes with 3 burners. This is one of Pigeon’s best gas stoves, Pigeon Troika Glass-Ceramic 3 burner gas stove comprises of a stainless steel body and a glass top which makes it strong enough to go on for years without any wear and tear.
The gas stove comes with rubber legs and rotary knobs. Along with all these unique features that come with it, it is affordable and comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It comprises of stainless steel and ceramic, which makes it look great.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It comes with a manual mode of ignition.
[amazon fields=”B00R1AJ61Q” value=”button”]
Elica Glass 3 Burner gas stove has a unique design in such a way that it combines efficiency, top class features and an amazing look all in one. This gas stove model has 3 burners and a black glass top body.
It comes with European gas valves as an added feature. There is a manual mode of ignition and heavy duty brass burners. Elica Glass 3 Burner gas stove is quite easy to clean and has a very low maintenance. It gives you a great value for your money and as such becomes a must buy because of its tough body.
- It is a long lasting gas stove made of stainless steel and toughened glass material.
- It comes with 2 years warranty.
[amazon fields=”B07648X887″ value=”button”]
Lifelong LLGS09 Glass Top 2 Burner Gas Stove comes with 2 highly efficient burners. It has a toughened glass top that is shatter-proof. It looks excellent and adds an extra charm to your kitchen decor.
Its burner stands are spill-proof, so you need not to worry about your vessels toppling over. The knobs of this gas stove have an excellent design for easy use. Lifelong engineered this gas stove in such a way that avoids leakage of gas and gives you a safe and efficient cooking experience. Its compact design helps you to save a lot of counter-top space. The gas stove comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It comes with Tri pin gas burners.
- It has Nylon knobs.
- It comes with anti-Skid Feet for easy operation.
[amazon fields=”B0758BL9GD” value=”button”]
The Pigeon Blackline Smart Stainless Steel 4 Burner Gas Stove is an ideal appliance for your kitchen countertops. This gas stove comes with 4 tri pin brass burners. It supports every type of utensil and pans for cooking perfectly. It provides even heat distribution across the utensil and hence creates a convection effect. With its automatic knobs, you can adjust the flame and induction accordingly and thus cook your food very quickly. The appliance is highly efficient in conserving fuel and also prevents any type of wastage. The product comes with a 2-year warranty from Pigeon.
- It comes with heat resistant toughened glass.
- It comes with tri pin brass burners for even flame distribution.
- It has a uniquely designed pan support.
- It has user-friendly unique knob.
- It is easy to clean and maintain.
[amazon fields=”B00RZHJBGA” value=”button”]
General Precautions to Take While Using a Gas Stove
To prevent yourself from sustaining any injuries or getting involved in any form of accident when cooking with gas stoves, it is important to take some precautions.
Some of these safety precautions are very important no matter the type of kitchen appliance you are using to cook. The first part talks about general cooking precautions
while the second part is about specific precautions to take when using gas stoves. Always observe these precautions to keep you and your family safe.
The general cooking precautions include the following:
- Ensure that the handles of your cookware does not stick out of the stove’s perimeter when cooking to prevent small children from grabbing them and injuring themselves in the process.
- Always have a fire extinguisher in your kitchen. This is because it is not safe to use water in case of a fire accident as it could cause shocks especially if you are using an electric cooker. Using a fire extinguisher instead is a better and safer option.
- Keep your kids away from the kitchen to prevent them from injuries. If they need to cook a meal, make sure there is an adult supervising them.
- Always use holders or handles to carry cookware as you may get burnt from the cookware’s high temperature if you use your bare hands. Also, do not place metal spoons for stirring food over the cookware as they heat up fast and will burn you the next time you try to pick them up.
- It is dangerous to leave dish towels or flowing clothes around the burners; they can easily catch fire.
Precautions to take specifically when you are using gas stoves include the following:
- Ensure you check for any gas leaks on a regular basis and also replace any part that is getting rusty and old. Also note that gas heats food up pretty fast, so always keep an eye on your gas stove when cooking to avoid food spillage or your pan getting on fire.
- If any fire accident eventually occurs, do not use water to put out the fire; use a fire extinguisher. Also make sure the gas is not leaking. If you smell gas leak or you hear a hissing sound and you cannot determine where it is coming from, quickly turn off your gas cylinder and step out of the house after opening all your windows. Then call the fire department to come inspect your house.
- Always light up the gas stove’s burn as soon as you turn on the gas to avoid an explosion.
- The flame underneath your cookware shouldn’t extend from its sides. Ensure to use the right cookware size and also to adjust the burner appropriately to prevent flame from flaring up around the cookware and to prevent food spillage. If your food gets spilled as a result of over-boiling, it may put out the flame while the gas is still on. This increases the likelihood of the occurrence of an explosion.
- Perhaps you do not smell gas but you still experience nausea, headaches or fatigue symptoms when you are cooking, you may be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Once you notice this, contact the gas company immediately to come examine the gas stove. This is because carbon monoxide is an harmful gas that is very dangerous to the human health; it can even result in serious damage or even death.
- Ensure your kitchen has proper ventilation and if you can, install a carbon monoxide detector.
Gas stoves are very important appliances in every kitchen. In fact, many Indian women now use them for cooking. And for this, it is necessary that you buy only the best gas stove for your kitchen use especially if this is your first time. We listed some of the best gas stoves in India from the best brands above. There is also a buying guide that will help you buy the best gas stove that suits your needs and will given you great value for your money.
Do not forget to drop by with your feedback; our comments section eagerly awaits that.