Hi readers, I am Atul, and it has been my constant quest to bring in front of you various kinds of product reviews. As a consumer, I realized that there are so many different kinds of products available in the market that it becomes difficult to zero on to the ones that will fit your requirement. This is why time and again I have come up with various kinds of product reviews so that as a reader you can take an informed decision.
Recently, my niece came up to me asking for help with her school project. I tell you, schools these days come up with such innovative topics. I was surprised to see that my niece studying in class VII was asked to do a project on the Revolt of 1857. We browsed through various websites and found quite a bit of information on the topic. However, I realized that we needed a good printer to print out the pictures and paste them in the project. This was when my quest for a good printer available in India started. Now, I wanted a printer for home use but nothing too expensive — basically, something within INR 5000 as it will solely be for household use.
I agree that most of the things have moved to a paperless format. Nowadays we do not need to go to a printing shop to print stuff from the net. However, keeping a printer at home does come in handy. You can use it to make projects, print pictures, tickets and so on.
So, here is my quest for the Best Printer for home use in India under INR 5000.
Now, before we start that I want to give a disclaimer that these printers are being reviewed by me as per my understanding of the printer. I am not an engineer who is aware of the various technical aspects involved in a printer. I have reviewed them basis the function they do and gauged them on how multi-use or functional are the printers. Also, please note that the printers reviewed below are as per my pre-determined budget of INR 5000 only. Hence my subset of selection is limited.
HP is a well-known company that has always believed in providing quality products. The Deskjet 2135 is one of the best amongst its peers, and it also suits my budget of INR 5000. This printer is an ink jet printer from HP. What I liked about the printer is that it has multi-usage and can perform a vast list of functions. In short, this small and compact printer can be used a printer, scanner and a photocopier – how cool is that?
Regarding printing quality, it can print 4800x 1200 dpi resolution prints in color. In black and white it can go up to 1200 X 1200 dpi. Regarding photocopier, it can copy 600 x 300 dpi for both color and non-color. Another thing that appealed me, in this case, is the design of the printer. The printer regarding looks is compact and has a quick turnaround time. I am just in love with this one.
The only drawback that I could find was in today’s world it is essential to be connected to the wifi, and this machine cannot be connected to the Wi-Fi. You still have to download stuff from the net on your USB port and then use it print from the machine. Even as a photocopier it is efficient as it can print as many as 7.5 monochrome pages per minute. I found that this machine has all the qualities that you need for a printer at home. It is even ideal for a small office set up.
- It has Inkjet color printer
- It can be used as a printer, scanner, and copier
- It can be connected to a USB
- It has good resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi ( color), 1200 x 1200 dpi ( for black)
- The scanner has a resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi
- The printing speed is 5.5 ppm( color) and 7.5 ppm ( in black and white)
- It weighs only 3.42v kg
- It is cost effective as cost per page color is INR 4.5, and Black and white is INR 1.4
Canon is a well-known brand that is known for its precision and use of latest technology. This is also an inkjet printer that is used for more than one function. It can be used to scan, photocopy and of course print. The best part is that it is in tandem with the technology advancement and offers both USB as well as Wifi connectivity.
If you are on the lookout for a Wifi enabled printer, then this should be your best bet. It offers best in the class resolution: for printing 4800X600 dpi and for scanning 600X1200 Dpi. That is not all, it is also ink efficient and can print as many as 400 pages in black and white and 180 pages in colored using only one ink cartridge. This one is ideal for home and small office usage.
What freaked me out the most is the fact that it can directly access popular sites like Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Evernote and so on. So, in case you have documents saved on Dropbox you can access them directly from here and give a print.
- It has a cannon user APP that can be used to access popular sites.
- It has an inkjet color printer
- It can be used for multiple functions like printing, scanning, and copying.
- It can be connected both on Wifi and USB
- It has a printing resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi in color and 1200 x1200 dpi in black and white
- It can print four-color pages per minute and eight black and white pages per minute
- It has a scanning resolution of 600 x 1200 dpi
- It is compatible with almost all software’s like MAC, OS, Windows and so on
- It is highly cost-effective it is only INR 3.5 for color and INR 1.30 for black and white.
Again from the house of the HP, there is another Deskjet 2138. This too can print scan and copy like the other HP printers. This model 2138 is also similar to 2135. It is consistent with the previous models of HP and does not offer Wi-Fi connectivity. In turn, it can be used with the help of a USB port. It can print as many as 480 black and white pages and 180 color pages. It can also print with a colored resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI and black and white with a resolution of 1200 X 1200 DPI.
This one is best suited for household use as well as small office requirements like printing and scanning invoices and bills.
- It has a color printing facility
- It can be used in multiple ways like printing, scanning, and photocopying
- It can be connected to a USP
- It can print 5.5 colored pages and 7.5 black and white
- It is compatible with Windows, Mac OS and so on
- It is lightweight and weighs about 4.45 kg only
- It is cost effective and costs INR 4.5 for color prints and INR 1.4 for black and white prints.
HP surely seems to be the pioneer when it comes to printers. It has a huge variety of models on offer from which you can choose from as per your requirement. The HPDeskjet 2131 is also a wonderful and efficient printer which is at par with the other models of HP. The only con I find with the HP printers is consistent here also as it lacks Wifi connectivity. It is multi-functional and can be used as a printer, scanner, and copier altogether.
It has an up to the mark printing resolution of 4800 X 1200 dpi for color prints and 1200 x 1200 dpi for black and white prints. Regarding printing also, it is effective as a printer also as it is best amongst its peers, It can print as many as 20 black and white pages per minute and as many as 16 color pages per minute. If you are one of those who is looking for a printer with the best and fastest pace, then this is the one.
- It is a colored printer
- It can be used a printer, scanner, and photocopier
- It can be connected to USB
- It is compact and stylish to look at
- It weighs only 3.4 kg making it lightweight.
- It has a scanning resolution of 1200x 1200 dpi
- It has a printing resolution in color- 4800 x 1200 dpi and 1200 x 1200dpi in black and white.
- It is compatible with all kinds of software.
- It is cost effective and costs about INR 6.6 for color and INR 4.4 for black and white.
This is another stalwart when it comes to printers. Being backed by the company canon, it is one of the best printers in the market. What makes it even more alluring is the fact that it costs within INR 5000. It is an inkjet printer that is used as a scanner and a photocopier.
The speed of printing pages is approximately eight pages per minute in case of black and white prints and four pages per minute in case of colored prints. Not only does it print fast but it also has a fabulous resolution of 4800 x 600 DPI. The edge it has over the HP printers is that it has wifi connectivity.
- It can be used both as colored as well as black and white printers
- It can be used for various functions as a copier, scanner, and printer
- It can be connected to both USB as well as WiFi
- It has an up to the mark resolution.
- In color, the resolution is 4800 x 1200 dpi, and in black and white the resolution is 1200 x 1200 dpi.
- The scanner also has a stunning resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi
- The printer is fast paced and can print eight black and white pages per minute and four colored pages per minute.
- It has a decent tray capacity with 60 pages in the input tray and 25 in output tray which makes it the best in class among’st its peers in this category.
- It is compatible with all kinds of operating systems like Windows, Mac and so on.
- It is cost effective. It costs only INR 3.5 for color prints and INR 1.3 for black and white prints
- It is lightweight and weighs around 4.52 kg.
There are many printers in the market. Each one is unique from the other regarding features. The five that I have reviewed above are only a few of them which I found the best and also pocket-friendly. However, if your budget is more, then you can check out other high-end printers of various companies that have a better output and resolution. However, I have tested each one of the models that I have reviewed and found them up to the mark.
Each one is the fabulous printer and differs from one another only by cost-effectiveness, designs, the pace of print per minute and compatability with wifi. The rest of the basic features remain the same. So, for the household use, you can choose any one of the ones mentioned above. If you need any other information about them, then please feel free to drop me a message on same.
Last update on 2019-04-22 at 02:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API